Changes to NC KazMunayGas Board of Directors announced
25 August 2020, Nur-Sultan — Samruk-Kazyna JSC (“the Fund”) announced thedecisions taken by its Management Board at a meeting held in Nur-Sultan on 17 August 2020.Due to the expiry of the term of office of the existing Board of Directors (“the Board”) of NCKazMunayGas (“KMG” or “Company”), Samruk-Kazyna’s Management Board has approvedthe following composition of KMG’s Board effective from 17 August 2020:
- Christopher Walton, Chairman and Independent Non-Executive Director
- Alik Aidarbayev, Executive Director and Chairman of the Management Board
- Tim G. Miller, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Philip Malcolm Holland, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Uzakbay Karabalin, Non-Executive Director, representative of “Samruk-Kazyna” JSC
- Almasadam Satkaliyev, Non-Executive Director, representative of “Samruk-Kazyna”JSC
- Anthony Espina, Non-Executive Director, representative of “Samruk-Kazyna” JSC
The abovementioned directors have been appointed for a period of three years in linewith the rotation plan stated in the Fund’s Corporate Governance Code. It should be notedthat the previous composition of the board of directors consisted of nine people. ChristopherWalton, Uzakbay Karabalin, Almasadam Satkaliyev, Anthony Espina and Alik Aidarbayev willcontinue their work as members of the Board.
The Company would like to thank all the members of the previous Board for theiroutstanding work. Especially Baljeet Kaur, Stephen Whyte, Philip Dayer and Luís Palha daSilva for their contributions to the development of NC KazMunayGas
At the same time, the Company is pleased to welcome Tim Miller and Philip Hollandas independent directors. Tim has a wealth of experience in the oil and gas industry andbrings with him extensive international expertise. Philip is an expert in the implementation oflarge-scale projects across the world.
KMG will continue to work to strengthen the Board in line with international corporategovernance standards.